Skip to main content

What is the cost?



I was at the product launch hosted by packaging company Detpak at the Makati Diamond Residences in Manila earlier this month.  

In a simple gathering of local food and beverage companies, Detpak Group brand manager, Marisa Jones presented their latest products and services. In particular, she spoke about Launch Pad, the company’s new R&D division created to help food and beverage manufacturers with customized packaging designs. The R&D team boasts one day to turn an idea to a prototype ready for market testing.

Ms Jones explained the benefits of their packaging for fast foods, hot beverages, whole cakes as well as their new cost-saving table napkins with dispenser. During her presentation, samples of these packaging were being passed around for customers to evaluate. 

I was in the company of representatives from Goldilocks, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, and foodservice providers who were generally impressed with the products. The Good 2 Go Bag and the Smooth Lid were met with positive feedback. As a consumer, I think I would like to have my food in a Good 2 Go Bag (a bag with two pouches -- one for my chips and another for my burger) and a coffee cup whose lid is sure to remain on the cup (even when I slip and fall!)

One thing I kept hearing around is: “what could be the cost for this product?” Indeed with quality comes cost. But Detpak explains that it has flexible terms for any packaging, and simply customizes products in order to meet the cost.  

With Detpak opening a facility in Manila next year, customers are likely to get better deals.

Comments